Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A State Fair Visit...Walla, Fresh Tomato Salsa


Miracle Chopper
 Several years ago Dave and I went to the Oklahoma State Fair on Senior Day. Needless to say we did a lot of walking, as my feet were killing me when we left. Normally I never buy anything at the fair simply because I don’t want to have to cart it around with me, but that year I purchased a Miracle Chopper Salsa Maker, not only did I buy one but three. The other two went to my daughters. Best little gadget ever for making salsa without  electricity.
Garlic/Hard nut grater
Another handy little gadget that I like to use when making fresh salsa is a garlic grater dish.  It comes with a brush and a clove roller to remove the skin of the garlic.  Both of these items will be used a lot when we get out on the open road in our trailer. 



Best Ever Fresh Salsa

Ingredients:
3 Medium Roma Tomatoes quartered
2-3 Cloves of Garlic, skins removed
¼ Cup Cilantro, include some stems
½ Yellow Onion cut in half
½-1 De-seeded Jalapeno (or if you like it hot, leave them in) I find Jalapenos to be a personal taste thing.  If you like them, put more in.  I like just a bit of the spicy flavor and am not a big fan of really hot (spicy) salsa.
2 Tbs. Fresh Lime Juice
Pinch of Salt or Lo-Salt substitute

Directions:
Assemble Miracle Chopper according to directions.
Place all ingredients in chopper and turn crank until desired consistency.  Serve with your favorite chips. Mine just happen to be Black Bean Beanitos.  Gluten Free, Corn Free and no GMO’s  
Note: You may have to go counter-clockwise for half a turn before going clockwise to start the chopper. 

Serves 2     ½ cup serving size 
Nutrition Facts:  Per serving Cal 33,  Cals from Fat 3, Total Fat
0.3g, Sat. Fat 0.0g, Sodium 107mg(lo-salt), Total Carbs 7.9g, Dietary Fiber 1.8g, Sugar 4.9g, Protein 1.3g

Peace, Love and Happy Eating…

No comments:

Post a Comment