Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Food Of The Gods...Homemade Tomato Soup...

Not long ago I had 4 Roma tomatoes that were on the verge of going bad. What to do with them other than tossing them in the trash. Lightbulb!!! I recently was watching a Rachel Ray show and she mentioned taking vegetables that were just past and roasting them and then freezing them for later. 

Out came my knife, chopping board, sauce pot, garlic press and Vita-Mix. I Chopped up the tomatoes and put them into the sauce pot with some olive oil, garlic with a touch of salt over low heat. 

Lately I have been cooking with spices that I would normally not cook with such at Tumeric. However Tumeric is a natural antinflamitory and with the medication I take I use Tumeric instead of NSAIDS so if you don't like Tumeric don't put it in. 

After a bit of this and a dash of that I came up with this Tomato Soup recipe, which is so good (spicy) it will knock the socks off of you. 

Tomato Soup...Susie Smeal Style

Serves 2

4 Roma tomatoes, deseeded and skinned 
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric 
2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
11/2 Cups Water
4 Fresh Sweet Basil Leaves Chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped English Thyme
Pinch of Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco Spicy Salt 

To skin tomatoes, bring a pot of water to a boil and drop tomatoes in for three minutes. Remove and drop into ice water. Make a slit in the skins. Skins should slip right off. To deseed cut in half and squeeze the seeds out.  

Put everything into the Vitamix and run on high for 6 minutes.  Soup should be very hot and ready to eat.  You can adjust the ingredients to your taste. 



No comments:

Post a Comment